Tuesday, August 23, 2022

This is my 5 star review of Huckleberry Christmas, the third in the Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series.

This five star book was as wonderful as the first two in this series. In each book we learn a valuable lesson through faith and belief. Abuse comes in many forms, not just physical and I would like to thank Jennifer Beckstrand for handling the subject as beautifully and sensitively as she did. I so enjoyed seeing some of our friends from the other two books while meeting a host of new folks. Each and every character, good and bad, were so real to me. This book was scenes and pictures in words all the way through from beginning to end. I should love to meet Anna and Felty and I think they would have some interesting and wonderful stories to tell. Toby was one of the most loveable children I have ever read about and I hope we see him growing up in later books in the series. If you are new to Amish fiction this is a beautiful series to start with. You can read this book without having read the first two but I would recommend that you read them so you can meet the matchmakers and their matches who will appear from time to time in the next book. If you are familiar with Amish fiction then this is a fabulous series and author for you to become familiar with. I am excited to take my next trip to Huckleberry Hill.




No comments:

Post a Comment