Tuesday, August 23, 2022

My 5 star review of a 2 in 1, The Path to Forgiveness. This features Hiding Her Amish Secret by Carrie Lighte and A Widow's Hope by Vannetta Chapman.

My 5 star review of a 2 in 1, The Path to Forgiveness. This features Hiding Her Amish Secret by Carrie Lighte and A Widow's Hope by Vannetta Chapman.

I should like to start by thanking Vannetta Chapman or sending me this 2 in 1 in return for an honest review.
Since Carrie Lighte's story was the first book, I will begin there. This was my first Carrie Lighte book and it will not be my last of hers. This was a 5 star read for me from beginning to end. I am so grateful to being introduced to this author by Vannetta sending me the 2 in 1. I loved the characters. I thought each and every one of them had a unique personality and the plot was beautifully constructed.
The story was written with sensitivity and I found it touching and inspirational. If you are a fan of Amish fiction this would be a great read for you. If you are new and wondering about the genre, this book would be the perfect introduction for you.
Vannetta Chapman's story, A Widow's Hope is book one in the Amish Indiana Bride series and is a reprint so you may have already read this is you follow Vannetta Chapman. For new readers to Vannetta you are in for a treat when reading this 5 star book. This book touched my heart and was written with great understanding and sensitivity. I found it inspirational and wished the characters were real so I could meet them. Having returned recently from my first visit to Indiana's Amish area I could relate to the places in the book that were mentioned and I can still see the buggies and the wonderfully friendly people when I close my eyes. I hope that those who are new to this author and genre will read this and I hope that fans have read it and moved along in the series.
Vannetta and Carrie, thank you both for the privilege and honor of receiving this book and being able to review it, and will encourage my library system to order it and make it available. I look forward to reading more from both of you in the future and know I will treasure this 2 in 1 and it will be read again and again. The next time though, I will be sure to have tissues at my side as these stories found their way into my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment