Wednesday, August 24, 2022

My 4.5 star review of Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus.

I should like to thank Doubleday Books and NetGalley for providing me with an advanced reader copy in return for an honest review.

I ended up giving this 4.5 stars. There were parts where I felt it was too wordy but overall got better and better as the book went along. This has everything ... romance, suspense, feminism and the list goes on. Thank you for a book that shows how were women were undermined and not given credit for their work. If I had a daughter that read this and said " I want to be Elizabeth Zott when I grow up", that is the highest praise I can give this book and the wonderful writing. I laughed, I cried, I kept screaming "No" and breathing a sigh of relief when it all turned out just fine.
You don't need to be a science expert to read this. Elizabeth Zott our protagonist does a wonderful job of teaching us Chemistry. If I had encountered a teacher like her, I might have liked science much more than I did.
This is a great read for women of all ages and I am sure will be around and popular for many years to come. I definitely am glad that I read this book and again my thanks to Doubleday and NetGalley for introducing me to Bonnie Garmus and her wonderful story.



No comments:

Post a Comment