Tuesday, August 23, 2022

My 5 star read of Jennifer Beckstrand's Huckleberry Summer, the 2nd of the Huckleberry Hill series.

The 2nd book in the Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series and another 5 star read. I have to admit, this one did keep me guessing. This book was so delightfully crafted and plotted. The story flowed from the first sentence to the very last and it was wonderful meeting some characters already familiar from the first book. If you are going to have meddling relative, these grandparents were the very best. I fell in love with them in the first book and love them even more after this one. The chuckle out loud moments were numerous and the pounding heart moments were there throughout the book two. I did like this couple very much and was eager to see how their story would end. If you are an Amish fiction fan you will love this book which can be read as a stand alone. I always read books in a series from the first book even if it is not necessary too. If you are new to the genre this is a great introduction into the Amish lifestyle and culture and I am sure will wanting you to come back for more. I am thrilled that I was introduced to Jennifer Beckstand's books and further of adventures of the Helmuths. I am excited to read the next book in the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment