Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Building a Future by my friend and author Amy Clipston. Book 2 in The Amish Legacy series



My five star review of Amy'Clipston's Building a Future. This is the second installment of an Amish Legacy.

Firstly, I must thank Amy Clipston and Zac Weikal for my ARC copy of this book in return for a review. All the opinions shared below are completely mine.
Amy Clipston has produced another 5 star plus read for me. I loved going back and visiting with those we had met in book one of the series but a little over a year later. I enjoyed getting to know the three brothers and Michelle, her two sisters and friends. I found the one that was getting married a little overbearing and annoying...so much so I can't remember her name.
The plot was extremely believable for both the Amish and English world and I have known couples who have actually gone through this. I loved the characters and how they developed in this book. We got to see the boys father happily married...book one featured his story. I really felt the emotion of the characters by the words and descriptions that Amy used. She never fails to paint a picture with her words and those images are as clear as the painting I could imagine on Michelle's milk can pictures. I loved the idea of the scripture on the base of the can.
I am glad that things worked out in the end and I really look forward to seeing how all the marriages progress in hopefully a third book and see how the new relationships work out. Maybe we will see some little Bontragers??
If you have never read an Amy Clipston book before this can be read without having read the first book, Foundation of Love but I prefer to read a series in order. I would definitely recommend this along with all other of Amy's books including her contemporary fiction and feel blessed to have been able to read and review this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment