Saturday, June 25, 2022

Shelter in the Storm. Book One in the Johns Mill Amish Romance series by Laurel Blount, a wonderful author and friend

 My 5 star review of Shelter in the Storm by Laurel Blount - Johns Mill Amish Romance book 1

5 stars does not do this book justice. I read book 2 in the series first, thanks to an ARC that the author gifted me, but I had to go back and read book 1.
This book enthralled me from the very first word to the very last word. I felt the butterflies in my stomach fluttering and also had to take deep breaths on several occasions and remind myself that this was fiction and not a true story. It could well have been. The characters were so inspiring and interesting...each and every one of them. While this book was full of sadness it was also full of many happy moments. It should be an inspiration to us all that from out of the bad can come good as it did for the characters in Johns Mills. Thank you Laurel for the Uncle Melvin character. Not typical of the Amish gentlemen that we read about, he proved that Amish are not all the same and that some are happier than others just like us Englisch.
I hope that y'all will pick up a copy of this book if you haven't already. It is a must read and yes, it can be read after book 2. I never will read a series out of sequence but I made an exception here and glad I did.
Laurel thank you for such a wonderfully crafted and written book and I cannot wait to take another trip to Jones Mill with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment