Saturday, June 25, 2022

O Pioneers! written in 1913 by Willa Cather.

My review of O Pioneers! by Willa Cather which I read for a book buddy read earlier this month.

I read this for a book club read otherwise it might never have been something that I would look at. I gave it 3.5 stars which I rounded down to 3. It was not at all what I expected and I did find it extremely interesting. I have read other books about Pioneers that had a little more meat to the story and I felt that while this was a very good book it was lacking. I also have to remember that it was written back in 1913. There was so much more that could have be written in certain parts and less in others. I am glad that I read it but I don't think I am going to go on and read the other two books in the Prairie trilogy.



No comments:

Post a Comment