Thursday, May 12, 2022

Her Mountain Refuge by my dear friend, and author, Laurel Blount

My 5 star ++ review of Laurel Blount's Her Mountain Refuge.

Firstly, I should like to thank Laurel Blount for gifting me this ARC in return for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
If there were more than 5 stars to award then this would be one book I would give them to. A plot so beautifully crafted in writing that was a delight and a wonder to read. Even a couple of today's issues were brought home to us but ever so gently and with care not only for those reading but for the characters being written about. It was difficult to not think this was a family I knew and was friends with. They all became so vivid and to me. This book was a picture painted in words and could be considered a brilliant piece. Yes, I liked the story, the settings, the plot, the writing. There was really nothing about this book that I didn't like. We had drama, happiness, sadness and all emotions in between. We laughed and we cried with the characters and were rooting for them when needed.
If you are a Laurel Blount fan then this is a MUST read for you and you know exactly what I am talking about. If you have never experienced the beauty of a Laurel Blount book then please pick this one up and add it to your reading. You won't be disappointed and know that if you love this book, Laurel also writes the most wonderful Amish Fiction.
Thank you again Laurel for gifting me with this ARC, and for allowing me the privilege to be one of the advanced readers of your works.



No comments:

Post a Comment