Sunday, August 28, 2022

Review of Under by Helen Hardt - 5th book in the Follow Me Series

My 3.5 star, rounded down to 3 star review of Helen Hardt's Under. This is the 5th book in the Follow Me series.

I am a huge Helen Hardt fan and I admit that I haven't read books 1-4 in this series as I was gifted this as an ARC in return for my honest comments. Helen Hardt is always a 5 star read for me, so it pains me that I can only give this 3.5 stars which I have rounded down to 3.
I will start by saying that I loved that this book was from Brandon's POV. I really enjoy erotica when it is told from the male perspective. Having said that, the first half of this book reminded me so much of the three 50 Shades books from Christian's point of view that I had a hard time thinking Brandon and Skye. I truly love Dominants like Brandon and I was fascinated with his story once I got through to where I could see it as Brandon and not Christian. Even the cover while being maroon, Brandon's color, I was reminded of the covers of the 50 Shades books.
I have read many Helen Hardt books and I enjoy the way she crafts her stories, especially those in a series and the characters she comes up with.
I think I am going to have to read books 1-4 in the series and then reread this and see if my feelings change towards it. I would hesitate to recommend it new readers of the series at this time but those familiar with the previous books will no doubt enjoy this tremendously.



No comments:

Post a Comment