Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A Very Distant Shore by Jenny Colgan

My 4 star review of A Very Distant Shore by Jenny Colgan. This little novella is an introduction to the Mure Island series.

A very sweet introduction to the Mure series of books. I had read books one and two and was happy to find this novella introducing us to Mure Island and the characters that live there and are featured in the book. Having read this, some of the things in book one and two are more obvious to me now and I find myself wanting to reread them so I can appreciate them all the more after this introduction. This is a must read for fans of Jenny Colgan and for those who have never read her books this would be a wonderful way to get to know her. Her plots are always so well constructed with characters that we would like to know if they really existed. They often feel like friends and acquaintances rather than just fictional characters in a book. I would say that even if you have read others in the Mure series of books it is worthwhile to go back and read this novella.



No comments:

Post a Comment