Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Victor by my friend and author Marlayne Giron



This is my 4.5 review of Marlayne Giron's The Victor

I normally don't read medival era books, but this ARC was provided to my by the author and in return I promised to give an honest review of my own opinions.
This is my third Giron book and each one I have read has been from a different genre and time in history. This was a beautifully written book with a well constructed plot. Some scenes were so incredibly descriptive that I found myself feeling as if I had gone back in time and was one of the crowd gathered. The bad boy was extremely villainous and heinous; this coming from somebody who usually loves the bad boys. This one was so well written that I still have a bitter taste in my mouth when I even think about him.
This was a wonderful story with all the ingredients in it to make it a book many would enjoy. It had drama, battles, family, love stories, history and of course touched on religion but in a very tender way and not preachy.
I would recommend that if you have a weak stomach when it comes to fighting and blood then this is not something you should read. For everybody else I would recommend this 4.5 star book if you are looking for fantasy for adults or a plain good story that is exceptionally well written.
Thank you Marlayne and Mary the Reader for my ARC copy of this book, which I shall treasure.




1 comment: