Friday, July 8, 2022

Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage

I am not even sure where to start with this one. There were times in the book when I wished it was a movie and I could fast forward. It was tough to read for me in parts. My stomach is still churning. I am not squeamish and have practically no triggers, but this was a little bit too much for me. It was well written but was a plot like no other I have ever read. I ended up giving it 3 stars bases on the writing and plot and not my love of the book. This book was definitely a horror story and depicts evil at its very best. I was not really happy without how it ended. I think the ending didn't match the quality of the rest of the writing or the book. There were a lot of Swedish sentences in the book and most were easily understood. However, there were some pretty long sentences with no explanation, or if there was I missed it and at times I felt this to be a little irritating. I doubt that I would recommend this to my friends unless I knew they had strong stomachs, don't mind horror and evil children. I would say that folks should read this and come to their own conclusions and not use this review to help them make a decision. 



Goodreads Description

Meet Hanna.

She’s the sweet-but-silent angel in the adoring eyes of her Daddy. He’s the only person who understands her, and all Hanna wants is to live happily ever after with him. But Mommy stands in her way, and she’ll try any trick she can think of to get rid of her. Ideally for good.

Meet Suzette.

She loves her daughter, really, but after years of expulsions and strained home schooling, her precarious health and sanity are weakening day by day. As Hanna’s tricks become increasingly sophisticated, and Suzette's husband remains blind to the failing family dynamics, Suzette starts to fear that there’s something seriously wrong, and that maybe home isn’t the best place for their baby girl after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment